Skip to main content
OFFROAD ADVANCED COURSE
The course duration is 8h. 4h of theory and 4h of practical exercises.
What will I learn in the theoretical part?
- SUV – definition;
- Geometric parameters. Ground clearance, approach, and departure angles;
- The radius of travel. Improvement of geometric parameters;
- Body and transmission lift;
- Transmission, its types;
- Distribution box – tasks and technical solutions;
- Locking differentials. Rigid and partial locking;
- Suspension. Articulation of bridges. Springs, beams, etc.;
- Wheels. Tyres and wheels, types and applications of treads;
- Optional equipment. Strikers, cables, carabiners, jacks, etc.;
- Electronic systems. Suspension, transmission modes, etc.;
- Safety equipment. Towing, winching, etc.;
- Correct and safe techniques for driving on muddy roads, sand;
- Driving uphill and downhill;
- Overcoming water obstacles and driving on side slopes, etc.
What will I learn in the practical part?
- Correct trajectory, safe speed and the correct choice of transmission gear;
- Correct riding technique over various obstacles depending on season and surface, maximum angles of ascent and descent, and radius of passage.
- Maximum side angle;
- Car gauge feel training;
- Pulling and winching a stuck car. Use of additional equipment.
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.